Does car need tune after bolt ons?

Clippersfan86

the dealership falsely led you to believe you were buying a vehicle in better mechanical/operating shape than it was in reality.

Since you were not able to test drive the vehicle over a period of days rather than a few minutes, you were unable to conclude that the vehicle was performing below factory ratings possibly due to mechanical defects or certain modifications. Furthermore, dealerships by law are required to perform inspections on vehicles as well as make any repairs to keep them operating under strict standards.

Now that you purchased the car, you were able to notice the problems that it has. That proves negligence on the dealership's part because obviously they didnt do a thorough inspection of the vehicle as required by law before selling said vehicle.

in short, you have a case. either pursue it, or just suck it up and deal with owning a pos car.

How is it a POS is what I'm trying to get across Rick? I said it's flawless interior,exterior.. and runs fine. It's just i noticed gas mileage Wasn't what i feel it should be. Maybe you're misunderstanding me, or choosing not to read carefully what I'm explaining ; x. I simply mentioned how.. with this exhaust my gas mileage seems low...I guess I'll look into lemon law..

well it all comes down to what are you getting for gas mileage and what do you think you should be getting?

Not sure what I'm getting. I usually just notice how often i have to fill. I'll start tracking it tomorrow. Like i said on the 00 civic LX i didn't drive exactly slow and i got 7-10 days of gas off one tank.. this one is 3-4 days with the same driving.

go outside and measure the diameter of your exhaust.

unless its the size of a folgers can, i doubt its the only contributing factor to sucky gas mileage.

just because it looks good on the outside and inside doesnt mean it can be a pos. im sure youve seen the carfax commercials, like the one for the car sitting in 4 feet of water from a hurricane and it says "new upholstry" or something like that.

you failed to read one of my above posts where i clearly mentioned reverting the car back to completely stock and doing a compression test as well as leak down test.

also, check your injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump and lines. see if there are any leaks.

EDIT: fill up your gas tank, reset your mileage counter. see how many miles you drive before you have to fill up again.

then take the mileage youve driven and divide it by the number of gallons that you had to put in the car when you fill up after driving. that will give you a rough estimate on your gas mileage.

go outside and measure the diameter of your exhaust.

unless its the size of a folgers can, i doubt its the only contributing factor to sucky gas mileage.

just because it looks good on the outside and inside doesnt mean it can be a pos. im sure youve seen the carfax commercials, like the one for the car sitting in 4 feet of water from a hurricane and it says "new upholstry" or something like that.

you failed to read one of my above posts where i clearly mentioned reverting the car back to completely stock and doing a compression test as well as leak down test.

also, check your injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump and lines. see if there are any leaks.

EDIT: fill up your gas tank, reset your mileage counter. see how many miles you drive before you have to fill up again.

then take the mileage youve driven and divide it by the number of gallons that you had to put in the car when you fill up after driving. that will give you a rough estimate on your gas mileage.

Problem is i don't know how to do any of that. The mileage counter i was gonna do tomorrow and let you guys know but checking injectors,fuel rail, pumps and lines i don't. I've always loved cars and studied them.. but actually working on them.. i have almost no experience.You're right though.. i shouldn't assume it's perfect. I haven't provided the documents proving my income.. and by law i can make them take the car back ;p. Problem is.. they can keep my 2000 dollar down payment for mileage I've racked up in the 1 week I've had it.. and it's not worth taking them to court. So it's a tough spot to be in lol

Problem is i don't know how to do any of that. The mileage counter i was gonna do tomorrow and let you guys know but checking injectors,fuel rail, pumps and lines i don't. I've always loved cars and studied them.. but actually working on them.. i have almost no experience.

well, lets do an experiment.

youre going to do the mileage check after every attempt and finding the problem.

first we need a control. go out and do the mileage check without altering anything. and record the results and compare it to what the factory claims you should be getting.

then, run fuel injector cleaner through the system when you fill up.

well, lets do an experiment.

youre going to do the mileage check after every attempt and finding the problem.

first we need a control. go out and do the mileage check without altering anything. and record the results and compare it to what the factory claims you should be getting.

then, run fuel injector cleaner through the system when you fill up.

Ok. I'll do the mileage check. Problem is.. idiot put aftermarket dash.. and the meters are never accurate besides the speed and RPM's one.. Gas one is off. Like this setup isn't 4 marks.. it's 5... so i get the gas light at the 4th mark.. pretty weird crap. I'll be like oh i have 1/5th of a tank left.. then I'll get the gas light everytime... Ill top off my tank.. since the gauge isn't accurate.. then ill let you know.

Ok. I'll do the mileage check. Problem is.. idiot put aftermarket dash.. and the meters are never accurate besides the speed and RPM's one.. Gas one is off. Like this setup isn't 4 marks.. it's 5... so i get the gas light at the 4th mark.. pretty weird crap. I'll be like oh i have 1/5th of a tank left.. then I'll get the gas light everytime... Ill top off my tank.. since the gauge isn't accurate.. then ill let you know.

and you keep telling me its not a POS...

and you keep telling me its not a POS...

Yea.. guess the aftermarket parts were installed by an idiot. Honda is already replacing that for free though.. That's why i didn't make a big deal about the disfunctional dash. Rick who is that actor in your oh snap clip?? Looks so familiar.

Yea.. guess the aftermarket parts were installed by an idiot. Honda is already replacing that for free though.. That's why i didn't make a big deal about the disfunctional dash. Rick who is that actor in your oh snap clip?? Looks so familiar.

Hugh Laurie from the show House MD

i love how the Oh Snap can be attributed to almost every post I make. :laugh:

Yea sorry if it seemed stupid. I know my 00 is lighter but still it's a 4 door NON V-tec.. this engine should be better even with the bolt ons. It's powerband is actually worse. I have to switch into second gear by 20 mph or i redline... also i don't get power till 4.5k rpm. I know Honda's are high revving but my 00 starts picking up decent about 1k rpm's earlier....

what?

your driving habbits wont help. are you using the A/C in one and not the other? the 7gen ex's (from what i've seen) are dogs. one barely walked away from me on a long stretch of empty desert road and i had 400+lb of passengers with me. i don't know if its the gearing or what. they are barely a passenger heavier than you lx so that isn't going to make a difference.

Archived