engine choking at 1000 rpm

accord_freak

hi ,i got a manual trans. 90 accord f22a6 with dual stage intake manifold..well my problem is that wen i drive on the road and i baby the throttle like right above 1000 rpm or 1010rpm..i get like a sigle jerk every time i reach that rpm at any gear.feels like someone pinching the fuel or vacuum hose or say the engine chokes at that point..but once i floor it n reached 1010 rpm and passing.it dosent jerk or choke..again wen i baby the throttle to 1000rpm while driving and wen i get that feeling like someone is pinching the fuel hose,i shift into nuetral and the rpm will just go up and back to idle.750 rpm idle..............................................

im also thinking it culd be from the dist. cuz its like my redline is on 3500 to 4000 rpm..im thinking maybe a misfire.....so i changed the fuel filter cleaned the dist. cuz it had some oil inside and the screw looks rusty maybe thats the reason why..change the spark plug oil seal,becuz it was leaking oil there.changed my fuel reg.to another used one.maybe it mite help..but still the problem is there...culd it be it if the fuel pump is weak??

im thinking of buying me a new dist on ebay and maybe it culd be the solution or any of you f22 master tech out there could help me solve this problem..thanks

hi ,i got a manual trans. 90 accord f22a6 with dual stage intake manifold..well my problem is that wen i drive on the road and i baby the throttle like right above 1000 rpm or 1010rpm..i get like a sigle jerk every time i reach that rpm at any gear.feels like someone pinching the fuel or vacuum hose or say the engine chokes at that point..but once i floor it n reached 1010 rpm and passing.it dosent jerk or choke..again wen i baby the throttle to 1000rpm while driving and wen i get that feeling like someone is pinching the fuel hose,i shift into nuetral and the rpm will just go up and back to idle.750 rpm idle..............................................

im also thinking it culd be from the dist. cuz its like my redline is on 3500 to 4000 rpm..im thinking maybe a misfire.....so i changed the fuel filter cleaned the dist. cuz it had some oil inside and the screw looks rusty maybe thats the reason why..change the spark plug oil seal,becuz it was leaking oil there.changed my fuel reg.to another used one.maybe it mite help..but still the problem is there...culd it be it if the fuel pump is weak??

im thinking of buying me a new dist on ebay and maybe it culd be the solution or any of you f22 master tech out there could help me solve this problem..thanks

yeah i did chek the timing..at every turn of the dist. i played with the throttle to see if any changes,but noting..i started at low then check the throttle still no change.then high still no change..i also bought a set of sparkplug wires(8mm) and dist. cap..still noting.hmm i even tried swapping throttle body thinking the sensor could be bad.but no change..could it be a somewhere on the fuel system?..

Archived