97 EX: Won't Start after 30 minute drive

billingsley58

My '97 EX will not start after driven for about half an hour or so. It will however start after letting it cool for some time. All you hear is a click when I turn the key. Was wondering where I might begin troubleshooting this problem. Thanks...

Not saying I am right, but I recently had a 91 CRX that ran perfect til it warmed up, and then the coil would start putting out erratic spark, and then die. Are you throwing any codes??

Not saying I am right, but I recently had a 91 CRX that ran perfect til it warmed up, and then the coil would start putting out erratic spark, and then die. Are you throwing any codes??

Thanks for your reply, way cool. I will add that so far my EX will not die out on me, it will run for as long as I want to go. Once turned off, however, I have to let it cool off for sometime. No codes yet, thanks once again...

its most likely your solenoid on the starter getting hot and its prob starting to burn up change that and i allmost bet you your prob goes away kuz i had a similar problem with mine

Thanks for your reply, I will look into it and let you all know. Thanks again...

Archived