spark plugs

importfan77

both come highly recommended for a stock honda. i usually get NGK over Denso because of reputation and reliability. but ive heard great things from denso too.

ya see i heard ngk is one of the best for pretty much all imports, and ive been needin to change them in my accord. i just looked though and the denso is whats in there and they have been good as well. so who knows, i put ngk in my prelude when i owned it.

what are the best spark plugs for hondas, those denso ones or the ngk spark plugs

Honda's got some smart engineers. So whatever came with that car from the factory are pretty much as good as you need. NGK vs Denso? Nothing in terms of performance really but there is a difference in safety. This really won't apply for you but I know a guy who used to race drag bikes for years and brought up an interesting point. He mostly used NGK plugs because of the ground strap design (ground strap is that little tab at the very end of the plug btw) would burn away if the engine suddenly became lean or started pinging. If things go as planned then that strap burns away effectively shutting down the cylinder before serious damage could occur. Denso plugs tend not to do that as quickly so the engine would keep running until something came apart. So for him it came down to how badly he wanted to win a race. If he wanted to win at the possible expense of the engine if something went wrong he used Denso. If he wanted to save the engine even if he lost he used NGK's. Oh, and I've seen this happen with a friend's turbo Mustang when the line to the FPR and MAP sensor popped off the intake (basically his engine went very lean and got a lot of timing advance at the same time....not good). Burned out the plugs before burning holes in the pistons. Saved a LOT of money.

• 3 weeks later...
E3 DIMONDFIRE SPARK PLUGS... TRUST ME LITTLE PRICY BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT

wat. Been running NGKs for years but in changing mine recently I did more reading and I went with Denso Iridium Power. Their tip is the smallest, like 4mm over the NGK Iridium (6mm). Got some really good feedback so I tried them out. Good throttle response so far.

Archived