2003 Accord GPS Questions

rogue27

I just bought a 2003 Accord with the the navigation package and I am having a little trouble with the navigation system. The problem is in the morning when it is cold and damp out the GPS system reboots several times over and over again and then ultimately begins to work normally. This only happens when the car is cold and has been sitting off for at least a few hours.

I called the Alpine support line and they said it is a problem with the DVD drive in the trunk and that I can send it in for repair at a cost of $150.

My Question: Has anyone had this problem? Any better ideas for fixing it without having to give Alpine a bunch of cash?

On the same note, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can Acquire a new DVD for the system without having to spend the $189 from Alpine (that price is a joke). I would like to try a new DVD as the one that is in the drive shows some minor scuffs.

Kindest,

Dustin

Archived