Assistance Please

Jesse08080

:help: I have a 2007 Honda accord EX 4DR V6 3.0L. My mom bought this car for me at a Ford dealership with a Ford 3 year warranty. I wanted to get a programmer for the ECU to get better fuel economy on it. I also wanted to take the rev limiter off so that when I rev it in park/neutral it will not stick at 5000 RPM out of 8000. I was told that ANY modifications to the engine will completely void my warranty. Is there anyway around this? Also, I can't find any map of my car and I have been trying to find the ECU in my car (no luck)...any suggestions?

Insurance companies are real funny about warranties, they like to find any way possible to deny claims. You will only be doing them a favor by installing items that will void the warranty. Since they have now given prior notice, they should have no problem denying any claim no matter how unrelated it is to what you want to do.

My advise, wait it out. You have until the three years is up to find the ECU. Until then, slow driving, proper tire inflation, and regular maintenance should keep the MPGs high.

Sorry, but a v6 was not the right car to buy if you were concerned with better fuel mileage.

As James said; changing the car in any way will hurt you. Drive it as is for now.

Archived