E85

cb_7

yo what's good honda friends i have been told something n i need to find out if it is true or not. I had a guy to tell me that he put E85 gas n his honda with out any work done to it is there any way that he could have did that without no work done to it ???????????

i dont think it would..

i know the new GMs are starting to make their vehicles E85 compatable.. but havent heard anything about new hondas doing that.. i wouldnt do it unless you build your car for E85.. then its just a waste of money, yeah it burns more like race fuel but it wont last for sh!t.. its not worth the money to convert to E85..

i know for my car with boost... 1000cc injectors, i didnt look into it much after that because that was too much for me right there.. and id go through a tank of gas almost everyday... no thanks

Most vehicle's made in the last ten years can run E85 (as ethanol fuel blends have existed since the early 90's). FFV's have distinct fuel/timing maps for E85 and regular gasoline and can switch between the two automatically. You'd have to tune a non-FFV to run on E85 accordingly. Know a lot of guys who have swapped to E85 in their turbocharged/supercharged cars and trucks using OEM-type fuel pumps, lines, and injectors with zero corrosion problems. Just running E85 in a non-FFV you will probably at least get a MIL code thrown.

i thought you only needed bigger injectors and a stronger fuel pump to run e85? and the last time i went injector pricing, whether you bought a 440 or 1000 injector it was pretty much the same price.

same here, i was told by numerous people who are converting their evos to E85 that id need 1000cc injectors, a bigger fuel pump, a better fuel rail and some other stuff.. i just said eff it because ill be getting worse mpg for hardly any cheaper price at the pump

so it not good to do e85 cause i won't get good gas miles cause my dude run e85 n he say he get good gas miles so it's good 4 some cars then the other

the way you talk reminds me of this guy redneck2009.jpg.

running e85 for mileage is a bad idea, it requires more fuel per unit of air to maintain a proper combustion. on the other hand it doesn't knock as easily under heavier loads which is helpful for boost and high compression. you can run e85 with a tune and most likely a fuel delivery system that can support the needed volume.

Archived