THE INFAMOUS ACCORD TRANSMISSION

planemech89

I JUST BROUGHT A 1999 HONDA ACCORD. RUNNING GOOD SO FAR. BUT I WAS SEARCHING THE NET ONE DAY AND I KEPT FINDING COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE TRANSMISSION...... STALLING,FAILURE, SLIPPING ETC. MY QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO MY TRANNY CRAPPING OUT. OR WERE THERE ONLY JUST A FEW BAD TRANNYS THAT HONDA MADE?

I JUST BROUGHT A 1999 HONDA ACCORD. RUNNING GOOD SO FAR. BUT I WAS SEARCHING THE NET ONE DAY AND I KEPT FINDING COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE TRANSMISSION...... STALLING,FAILURE, SLIPPING ETC. MY QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO MY TRANNY CRAPPING OUT. OR WERE THERE ONLY JUST A FEW BAD TRANNYS THAT HONDA MADE?

happened with the CL transmissions also..

they suck.

stay disappointed in your automatic, brah!

YOU CAN TURN OFF THE CAP LOCK AT ANY TIME.

No there aren't any endemic issues with transmissions regardless of what the goon above me posted. Your trans should suffer no more problems then any other similar class vehicle. Stay on top of the maintenance and you should have no problems.

YOU CAN TURN OFF THE CAP LOCK AT ANY TIME.

No there aren't any endemic issues with transmissions regardless of what the goon above me posted. Your trans should suffer no more problems then any other similar class vehicle. Stay on top of the maintenance and you should have no problems.

No actually he's right. 6th gen Accords actually had a recall on them that's since expired they were so bad. Maintenance is the best you can do for now.

I put a harsh 175k on my 98 ex in 5 years time and not one single problem.

I hated that car so I never checked the fluid, never drained and flushed and generally flogged the snot out of it intentionally.

I put a harsh 175k on my 98 ex in 5 years time and not one single problem.

I hated that car so I never checked the fluid, never drained and flushed and generally flogged the snot out of it intentionally.

lol, well of course it didn't happen to 100% of the cars.

Of course.

Although, I did have the steering column issue that there was a recall for. I broke the ignition lockout dealeo and you could start the car without the key and put the car into and out of gear whether the car was running or not.

Archived