Honda Accord NOS engine Prep help

marshall_hillsman

I am getting ready to buy a 2005 Honda Accord Sedan 6 Cylinder Vtec with a 3 liter engine...I plan on putting NOS in it because i will not be able to afford a turbo or supercharger right off the bat, what do i need to do to prep my engine for the NOS add on so i wont screw my engine up or blow it? Also what other upgrades can i do to it that are relatively cheap, i plan on putting a new exhaust on it, a cold air intake, but what else can i do to it, that would be under a grand to do....? my yahoo screen name is aryan_brother_88@yahoo.com and u can email me a marshallhillsman@gmail.com

+1, nitrous will only do more harm than good to someone who is new to engine maintenace and prep (which you are from the sounds of it) so i would suggest just doing bolt ons for now, this will help you learn more about your car, see how things work and allow you to build onto those preinstalled systems (eg CAI to milled TB to portmatched polished intake mani, to valve work, cams, etc etc etc) in the long run your engine will last longer and you will have that power all of the time rather than short 1-2 second bursts (that cause hell in your motor) But dont let me stray you from researching nitrous, it can be very usefull in certain situations (was contemplating installing a tiny bottle to use for passing on the highway, but ultimately decided against it) also nitrous is out of that under a grand budget, but quite a bit. when doing nitrous expect to pay atleast 1k more than what the bottle costs to have multiple tunes done, some fuel work done, along with other odds and ends if your having a shop do the work, 700 more if you do the work yourself, 500 more if you plan to do the work and tune yourself.

Archived