2003 Accord 2DR EX-L Coupe

matase

Tomorrow I am going to check out a 2003 accord coupe with 112k miles. The car is for sale for $6000 but it has a heavy keyed scratch but it's not the problem. I know that V6 engine's tranny fails very often, but this accord is with 2.3 or 2.4L I forgot which one it is. Anyway, what are some things I should look at the car before buying it? It was owned by one person. What problems does the 4 cyl model have? Need a quick response, thank you.

I realize this may be a day late and a dollar short, but other then what you mentioned, the only thing that I would look for on that generation is the rear wheel bearings. There seems to be an issuse with them failing. Luckily they are not that expensive to do. Make sure the dash lights etc. are working fine, otherwise it may need a new interior fuse panel. As far as the rear wheel bearings and the interior (drivers side) goes, those are minor in my mind as they are quick and simple to fix.

You nailed it, the trany is the most costly and most well know issues. Good cars...

Tomorrow I am going to check out a 2003 accord coupe with 112k miles. The car is for sale for $6000 but it has a heavy keyed scratch but it's not the problem. I know that V6 engine's tranny fails very often, but this accord is with 2.3 or 2.4L I forgot which one it is. Anyway, what are some things I should look at the car before buying it? It was owned by one person. What problems does the 4 cyl model have? Need a quick response, thank you.

I've never heard of this issue with the 7th gens, hmmm. Only $6000?? 6th gen Accords cost more than that, you might wanna find out why it's so cheap. Seriously.

Archived