Wont Start !!

Malaka1689

Hey,

Im new to the forums and am seeking advice on my 99 Accord v6. Sometimes the car will not start. It will keep making the cranking noise until i let go of the key. I checked the spark plugs and wires and everything is ok. Occasionally ill hold the gas down when starting because it seems to make the car start more frequently. Any advice on how to go about this problem?

Hey,

Im new to the forums and am seeking advice on my 99 Accord v6. Sometimes the car will not start. It will keep making the cranking noise until i let go of the key. I checked the spark plugs and wires and everything is ok. Occasionally ill hold the gas down when starting because it seems to make the car start more frequently. Any advice on how to go about this problem?

Weird, that usually only works on carb'd cars. Is your battery ok? Check the voltage on it with a multimeter.

When you turn the key to the "II" (just prior to cranking), listen for the fuel pump priming. If you fail to hear this, most likely it's your main relay. Make sure everything's quiet so you hear it well.

WRONG!! check your dizzy (distributor) my rotor, cap, and coil went bad when i was in ft knox and it did the same thing youre talking about.. the rotor was $18 and the cap was $12 i think and the coil was like $70 and that fixed everything.. even if it isnt your cap and rotor, it wont kill your pocket.. the coil is the only expensive thing..

WRONG!! check your dizzy (distributor) my rotor, cap, and coil went bad when i was in ft knox and it did the same thing youre talking about.. the rotor was $18 and the cap was $12 i think and the coil was like $70 and that fixed everything.. even if it isnt your cap and rotor, it wont kill your pocket.. the coil is the only expensive thing..

Same symptoms as a main relay ya douche. And costs almost the same. It's less than $100.

Archived