Car idles high, stalls when coming to a stop or just driving

shawn72

I have a 91 accord, no mods done at all. The car runs great at an idle but is idleing around 1400 to 2000 rpm and jumps up and down between there. Also when just sitting there, pushing the gas and letting it go, the rpm's drop quickly and pick back up. While driving, the car tends to buck picking up speed and will shut down while driving at times, it shuts down everytime coming to a stop.

I have cleaned the throttle body and done a fuel injection clean on the system. I have a 92 accord also that I removed the main relay out of and put into this car, it still ran the same. The 91 has a new motor in it that has around 50000 miles on it. it has a new distributer and wires and plugs, air filter, and fuel filter. We just bought the car and this just started last week.

If anyone can help me figure this out I will be greatfult to them. Thank you

I have a 91 accord, no mods done at all. The car runs great at an idle but is idleing around 1400 to 2000 rpm and jumps up and down between there. Also when just sitting there, pushing the gas and letting it go, the rpm's drop quickly and pick back up. While driving, the car tends to buck picking up speed and will shut down while driving at times, it shuts down everytime coming to a stop.

I have cleaned the throttle body and done a fuel injection clean on the system. I have a 92 accord also that I removed the main relay out of and put into this car, it still ran the same. The 91 has a new motor in it that has around 50000 miles on it. it has a new distributer and wires and plugs, air filter, and fuel filter. We just bought the car and this just started last week.

If anyone can help me figure this out I will be greatfult to them. Thank you

I would seriously take a look at distributor?? If you have access to one swap out, obviously make sure you time it! See if that does any thing? This is some what close to what I encountered with a 90 CRX SI, turned out to be dist. Also having idle that high maybe a vacuum leak? Check all vacuum lines? I take it you have no codes on ECU?? No check engine light?? These are just ideas, I am by no means a expert on anything! >_<

Archived