what's your 90-93 automatic accords rpm @ 55mph?

ludedude25

Driving my girlfriends 91 accord today seems like the rpm's were kinda high to me? 2500 @ 55mph. Of course I usually drive my prelude 5 speed and it's more like between 1500 to 1600 ish.

She never tells me anything about what it's doing till it's too late and don't pay attention to anything the car does unless it won't run lol.

I noticed though when cruse control set at about 55mph it would kind of studder on the tach between 2250 to 2500 rpm. Like a jump and you could feel it, almost like it's trying to shift but only moving about 250rpm.

I don't know if it's trying to pop out of overdrive or what. I counted it shift's 4 times from dead stop up to 55 in D4.

I checked transmission fluid level looked fine. Would this be a failing solenoid? Or should I just get the transmission a good flush and fluid change. Cannot recall the last time it was done. It has almost 190k on it now.

Thanks for reading.

Archived