looking into getting an Accord Wagon

turb0rabbit

sup ppls, Long ago i was a JDM man myself.. S13 w/ rb20det past.. now im a EuroDouche with a 08 GTI. Looking into getting back in the JDM world... After seeing a bunch of sick Accords these weekend around the Hardrock cafe (ft.laud, Fl) i just fell in love it..

So I kinda of need help..

1. Did they come manual?

2. what motor options came with the car?

3. can u guys post up some sick pics of accord wagon

4. anything else I should I know? like pros and cons?

thanks!

They came in manual, I think the first year was 91 and the wagon ran through 97. There was a model refresh in 94 and only the 94/95 had a manual option. The last two years, 96/97 were auto only.

The stock motor options were anemic at best. Both were powered by some form of f motor, i think. Neither bested 140hp and such a heavy car they were sloooooow. An h23 or h22 swap works well and really would make the family truckster fun to drive.

The 94 and 95 came with the independent front and rear suspension, which was a vast improvement over the previous gen in overall handling.

sweet, thanks.. now i know what to start looking for.. I was thinking about putting a GSR.. but an H22 isnt a bad idea.. Now, I do plan on going low..... and by low.. I mean.... LOWWWWW.... dont really wanna get bags... any suggestions on coilovers? will I need to notch the frame? stuff like that..

Do your homework, there are too many companies to mention that make quality products to recommend just one.

The F and H series motors are siblings. You will have a much easier time installing an H in an accord then a B. Numerous parts are cross-compatible between the two platforms, actually. Several versions, jdm and edm came stock with H motors so parts are not tough to find.

Archived