USA Spec on a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L w/o Nav

weeeee

Hey guys. I have a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L without navigation and bought myself a USA SPEC (PA15-HON2) to play mp3s. I dissembled all the necessary stuff and installed the interface. I tested it to see if it played music from my iPod and it did. I continued to play music from the iPod as I was putting everything back and as soon as I put in the storage console the music stopped playing. I tried numerous positions in placing the wires but ended up with either the storage console getting stuck halfway when trying to open it or music stopped playing. I continued to mess with this for about 3 hours. Now I'm frustrated and don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

BTW I noticed some rust on some of the metal in the cavity where the storage console sits. Wtf?

I appreciate any feedback.

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

Try routing the wires another way. Have you tried going under the ABS (yellow connectors) computer?

All hondas have unsheilded stamped metal as a substructure for the dash. It does not take long for atmospheric moisture to develope a patina on this metal.

Archived