Need to beat a 2001 Mitsubishi Spyder GS

SpeedDemon

Leave the 5.0L Mustang's alone..find yourself a late 90's Mustang with a 4.6. The 96/98's were kinda' underpowered from the getgo but they breathe nicely when you add so much as a simple pair of PI heads and cams. Very cheap mod. They hold up well to spray.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah i hate the 4.6 :( i want a pushrod 5.7 but that is wayyy out of budget.

damn it ben i hate spray, its not always there

yeah twisted wedge heads on a 98 is tits

will a 97 or 98 gsr axels fit a 92-96 b16a sirII motor? with say a gsr transmission? or would it be better to get a Y21 or S21 for closer gear ratio?

or just get this?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/1536509133.html

wow, so you aren't gonna tell your friend until you race him and win?! :D awesome!

That's a nice craigslist find (the complete b swap)...test it out. And your friend's gsr tranny would be good to pick up...detonated piston isn't too hard to fix either...complete swap maybe??

I think my old 280z would have won the race lol Idk...that thing was a beast!

There has to be a cheap old car that would beat him!

So what's happening?

wow, so you aren't gonna tell your friend until you race him and win?! :D awesome!

That's a nice craigslist find (the complete b swap)...test it out. And your friend's gsr tranny would be good to pick up...detonated piston isn't too hard to fix either...complete swap maybe??

I think my old 280z would have won the race lol Idk...that thing was a beast!

There has to be a cheap old car that would beat him!

So what's happening?

no ive already told him im either picking upa 98 cobra or doing the swap. i cant touch my cousins block because when the piston detonated it burned the cylinder wall bad. plus when we pulled the oil dipstick there were fairly large chunks of metal in it, so i can almost bet the crank, rods, bearings, and maybe more is toast. im gonna see if i can get the axels off of him and the transmission. but i really wanted a S21 transmission(i think thats the hydraulic one) because of the close gear ratio. yeah that b swap i will probably go look at this week. 2000 is a lot of money(like huge amount of money for me) but it would be completely worth it. i wanted to do turbo but i hate paying for a tune and its too risky on the z6, its starting to fade.

Update*

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/1550202504.html i think im gonna go with this. he said 1500 but im gonna try to get him down to 1200/1300. has a pr3 ecu that has been chipped with hondata. what should i look for? i.e. what wrong things should i look for?

40,000 Sweet well it sounds good but get him down with the price if possible I saw an eg on craigslist for 800 lol only thing wrong was that it had over 200 thousand miles.

umm weight reduction too start?? 8)

the only thing left to reduce weight is take out all the panels and back seats. and that doesnt add enough weight. plus i have people in my car quite often. we raced tonight, im wondering whether i should waste money on trying to beat him or not. we sit bumper to bumper everytime. but that happens when his car is a 4000 lb convertible with a brand new 180lb system

STRONGLY doubt his car is seeing 4000 pounds. That's up there in the ranks of 99/04 Convertible Mustang's with much larger, heavier engines and even as far as a fully loaded 05+ Mustang dependent fully on what's in it.

STRONGLY doubt his car is seeing 4000 pounds. That's up there in the ranks of 99/04 Convertible Mustang's with much larger, heavier engines and even as far as a fully loaded 05+ Mustang dependent fully on what's in it.

ben his car has every extra that it could come with. there is no doubt it is heavy. im gonna make him go to a scale weigh in to check for sure

Don't be surprised if it isn't over 3300 pounds.

And just remember, this dude can start doing everything you're doing. Interior removal, bolt on's..he'll receive more of a gain on power figures too as he's got a couple more cylinders and in GENERAL, the more you have the more you gain.

Don't be surprised if it isn't over 3300 pounds.

And just remember, this dude can start doing everything you're doing. Interior removal, bolt on's..he'll receive more of a gain on power figures too as he's got a couple more cylinders and in GENERAL, the more you have the more you gain.

no no this guy is the pinnacle of the word ricer. he has neon, he just put that heavy ass system in, now he is working on trying to get a 20" plasma tv with ps3 put in. and he is getting bigger chrome rims than he already has. he really believes that a AEM cold air intake will give him 25 hp at the wheels. im just gonna save my money for now. not worth it on a 170,000 mile engine. it will either be engine swap or new car. period.

ive got my eye on a sexy little ws6 in cleveland though

lol you'll smokem man that lil hatch weighs nothing.

yeah thats why i like it, but its beginning to fall apart. i have rust holes in the back of the rocker panels. the quarters are gone. the drivers door doesnt line up anymore no matter what way you adjust the door. and its salvaged so im hesitant on sinkin money into it. i may find a shell and just build it. my interior is all pretty good looking. il ljust do it this summer when we build the garage

Archived