94-97 sluch box problems

Mille-16i

I have a 94 CD7 EX unfortunantly with an auto tranny. It has recently started acting up with no warning about 3 weeks ago it started hesitating to go into drive and if you got on it at all it would slip real bad until you let off and then it would drive fine. It did this for 2 weeks then one night it just refused to go into drive. I am trying to see what issue these trannys have are they normally good trannys or not really I know the 6th gen accords have crappy a/t's. It should be noted that I drive my car hard it sees redline and speed regularly and it has 240k on it.

Check your fluid level, all you have described could be attributed to low ATF volume which results in low ATF pressure and poor performance.

If you find the level is low, verify all ATF line connections going into and out of the AT aren't leaking; this includes making sure ATF is not mixed with your coolant. Let us know what you find.

Checked fluid again to double check it is full when hot and the tranny will pull ok (never leaves second gear) till it gets hot then it is done and the fluid smell burnt ie trannys is toast something went bad inside it. My main reason for this post was really to hear of the normal problems these autos give is mine the norm or exception.

Archived