Question for anyone

StaticWater

so i just bought a 95 accord lx and i think it needs a new cv joint on the drivers side. the reason why i think i know this is cause when i turn sometimes you can hear it click I am planning on lifting the car up but not til the 14th cause thats when i will have access to a garage. if my cv joint needs to be replaced do you think i could drive it up to chicago and to and from work ( about a 100 mile round trip)? I know it sounds dumb but i have a buddy up in chicago that knows his honda's. Plus i'm a college student. Thanks and i thank you for any response.

You would be safe, the car may not be. Generally the clicking will get worse over time and you will hearit even when driving straight as it gets really bad. Hell, it might last 10 miles or 10000 miles from this point. No one could know. The cv isn't a load bearing componant, so the only risk you are really taking is damaging the car, it wouldn't be a safety issue. Worst case is it snaps under acceleration and the car would pull hard to the left or the right since only one wheel would be getting power.

thanks i just got the oil changed and as soon as i get some money i want to get it all fixed back up. there is a dent in the driver side fender something i could pop out and then i just need a driverside turnmarker needs a paint job and thats so that is all original. Then it's gona go to mods, any ideas?

Lets not forget the breaking down 30 miles away from where you are going factor as well!! Makes for one hell of a tow bill, I have had to change CV axle one time on road side and it sucked ballz!

i mean its not really clicking it does sometimes not all the time i mean every 15 turns or so i mean its not as bad as my VW golf the cv boots looked like a bear attacked them overnight and i changed both cv axles on my VW and that was the biggest hassle i have ever had!!!!

i mean its not really clicking it does sometimes not all the time i mean every 15 turns or so i mean its not as bad as my VW golf the cv boots looked like a bear attacked them overnight and i changed both cv axles on my VW and that was the biggest hassle i have ever had!excl.gif

Then I say no problems. I would imagine it only makes the noise when you are turning full?

Archived