1992 Accord Won't Start

Adam L

Guys, I need your help. The other day I had just driven about 50 miles with the car performing just fine. I got off at the exit ramp and it started running really bad and losing power. I was pushing the gas to try to keep it going. It finally just died. When I tried to start it again, it sounds like the starter is just spinning and it's not grabbing the flywheel. I had it towed back home that night. I had already planned on replacing the main relay since I have had some other intermittent problems pointing to it and this seemed to point to it so I bought a new one and replaced it this morning. Same result. I didn't feel good about this one since it had some writing on the top of the box and the mounting plate was bent which made be believe it might have been used so I exchanged it and installed the new one. Same result. The main relay was definitely bad. There are some horrible looking solder joints on the old one. I'm at a loss at why I'm still not able to get the car started unless the starter went bad at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived