'91 Accord LX Speedometer problem.

Brood11384

Okay so my friend has a '91 Accord LX and her speedometer stopped working. The next day it started to work but the "S" light started to blink. The speedometer works sometimes and doesn't work other times. I read and found it is probably the Vehicle Speed Sensor. I got one at a junkyard and replaced it. Everything was fine for a bit then it all started again. Any ideas what could be wrong? The car drives and runs good. Shifts fine and everything. I'm stumped!!!

could be the vss again since it was a used part. how long did it work for?

speedo arrangement is pretty simple on a honda. vss feeds into the ecu, ecu sends signal to speedo, speedo needle moves. if a new vss doesn't cut it the next cheapest thing to test replace is the gauge.

double check the lines if you can, to check for shorts or damages, otherwise replacing the speedometer is the next option.

one way around this that all the lazy people are doing is just using their portable gps devices to give their speed. a nice 70-80 garmin would suffice, it has your speed right on the main display in big letters.

Archived