1994 LX spitting & Sputtering

tonkkids

My 1994 LX started spitting & sputtering through the exhaust. It seems as though it is starving for gas. Here is what I have checked and replaced:

Replaced:

Fuel Filter

Coil

Distributor

Main Relay

Checked the Fuel Pump

Fuel pressure good

Ran STP injector cleaner through the tank

Ran SeaFoam through the vacuum lines

Car does fine when cool and when coasting

When it is up to operating temp and when you go uphill and when you give it some gas, it acts like it is starving. Just spits and hesitates. Dont want to go. Any help is greatly appreciated...

My 1994 LX started spitting & sputtering through the exhaust. It seems as though it is starving for gas. Here is what I have checked and replaced:

Replaced:

Fuel Filter

Coil

Distributor

Main Relay

Checked the Fuel Pump

Fuel pressure good

Ran STP injector cleaner through the tank

Ran SeaFoam through the vacuum lines

Car does fine when cool and when coasting

When it is up to operating temp and when you go uphill and when you give it some gas, it acts like it is starving. Just spits and hesitates. Dont want to go. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Go to exhaust shop and have them test muffler and cat. If exhaust is stock, or muffler is really old, it could be falling apart internally and restricting flow. Same with cat.

i would not replace the cat. lots of money for that ha... just cut it and hollow it out and it will run just as good if not better as with it bein new. also check ur fireing out i have and 85 and it was doing the same i hollowed the cat thinking it was that but it was actually my wires were bad and had cracks in them by the block and was sparking on the top of my header u can tell if it is doing that by starting it up in the dark with no lights on around the car.... just some friendly input..

i would not replace the cat. lots of money for that ha... just cut it and hollow it out and it will run just as good if not better as with it bein new. also check ur fireing out i have and 85 and it was doing the same i hollowed the cat thinking it was that but it was actually my wires were bad and had cracks in them by the block and was sparking on the top of my header u can tell if it is doing that by starting it up in the dark with no lights on around the car.... just some friendly input..

BS!! Cat will run you $50.00!! I can send you a link to a direct seller of Magnaflow hi-flow cat.

Archived