90 accord transmission problem

yhx1000000

one day i went to drive my car and it started slipping at low rpm in all gears. I had the car for over 1 year and it ran like a new car except when downshifting at high rpm the car would shacke and would feel grinding in the clutch pedal.But at low rpm it would engage smoothly(under 2000).I also drove without an air filter for a couple days,the car was suprisingly fast i put a filter back on changed the oil and the next day the transmission is slipping and then it engauges itself.I would appriciate a response becouse i really like my accord.

did you ever service the tranny!? check the fluid etc

I'm guessing no if you were dumb enough to drive around without an air filter (not trying to be mean.. but seriously!?)

youre right it was stupid,and no i never serviced the tranny just becouse i knew that there was no leaks and assumed the tranny was ok.I was just wondering if the clutch cable melfunction could cause this.I checked the fluid 1 year ago it was full but the car didnt like to downshift at high rpm only at low rpm,when engaging the clutch into a previous gear it wouldnt engage smoothly unles you were around 1500-1700 max.I thought maby it is just the way this car drives,but now im thinking that this could have been a transmission problem from the beginning.I not a mechanic and will get the tranny checked this weekend,i guess i just wanted to know if a clutch cable melfunction could cause the clutch to slip the same way in every gear becouse i dont want to fix the transmission becouse this accord has major rust arround the rear wheel wells and looks like total crap,but that doesnt bother me.

you can pick up a tranny from a car being parted out/junkyard that is in decent shape for not too much

at least thats how it works for d-series

and if this is your only car you should want to fix it.. even if it is rusting.. because thats your way around

why are you down shifting from high rpms? do you do it to aid in braking?

Archived