98 Accord EX V6 transmission

thew60

Brief history is that I am the original owner of a 98 Accord EX V6. At about 75K miles, the transmission failed. I was told it was not part of the recall but after perservering with Americal Honda and the dealer, I recieved a new transmission for a fraction of the price. The new transmission worked well until a few weeks ago when it began to ever so slightly slip. Fluid has been changed religiously and when I checked it it is normal level and red.

It has gotten a bit worse in the past week and I will bring it in to get looked at. My worst fears is that the transmission is failing again with now only 60K miles on the new one!! Car has 136Kk on it . Of course American Honda wants nothing to do with a 12 year old car so I have to take it up with the dealer IF the transmission is failed.

My question to the forum is:

1- of those of you who have had their transmissions on their 98-2001 Accords replaced (and I'm sure there are MANY) have any of you had the NEW one fail too??

2- And if so, any recourse to Honda? I know the book value of the car is still about $5,ooo but replacing a transmission now would steer me FAR away from another honda.

Archived