96 accord take 10-15 mins to start(needhelp)

mod6868

i have a 96 accord ex and when its cold it takes 10 to 15 mins to start i have to wait for it to click or the drive 4 light to come on once i get it started and i drive it and i turn it off for an hour it starts right up but if i let it sit for a couple hours then i have to wait. not sure where to start i looked for a ign relay or something along those lines i need help to figure where to look i dont really want to take it to the dealer thank you for what info you can give

In those 10-15 minutes is it trying to start or is it just plain dead, then slowly works its way up until it starts.

Is turns over normal no problems there I like its not getting any spark but after about 10 mins or so a rely or something kicks inand it starts fine, I can hear it click I just don't where its coming from sound like its coming from about center of the fire wall or around there

quite possibly a relay since he hears it clicking..

or maybe a distributor messing up.. when it the last time your changed rotor/plugs/wires/cap?

best thing to do is next time it happens check for spark

Archived