1990 Honda Accord No spark (sometimes)

1990hondaccord

Stock 1990 Honda accord with 100,000 miles. My car will die while driving (sometimes). My car will not start when I come out of stores (sometimes). My car will surg die/surg run and continue while driving (A.K.A lose spark for one second and then gain spark again and continue down the road). When stranded, I tested it by pulling a spark plug wire and used a screwdriver in the plug boot and against a good ground (block bolt) NO SPARK. Wait 10 or 15 minutes and it starts.

Things Ive changed

New plugs and wires

New Main Relay (its not the relay trust me)

Things I think it are causing this

The coil

The distributor

NOTE: when the car has no spark, and does not want to start, the yellow check engine light stays on before cranking over. When it "does start" the yellow check engine light goes out after three seconds in the key II position (crank ready)

IF YOU THINK IT IS THE DISTRIBUTOR, LET ME KNOW THE CHANCE PERCENTAGE YOU THINK IT COULD BE SOMETHING ELSE. I DO NOT WANT TO BUY ONE AND IT NOT BE THE PROBLEM.

THANKS THANKS 1990 OWNER OF A HONDA WITH THE COMMON (NO SPARK) PROBLEM.

Archived