Installing a Viper 5701 Alarm w/ Remote Start System

jonathanslam

Just bought a Viper 5701 alarm w/ remote start system today as a project to learn to work on it myself. I'm wondering if anyone has installed a Viper on an accord before... Let me know what to keep in mind, what advice you can give, any recommendations, if possible, please provide me with some guidelines.

I heard that it's going to be a bit more difficult because of the remote start system, but this is all in a learning process so hopefully you all could be of some assistance to me :). Pictures would be awesome!

I'm going to pick up some butt connectors, scotchloks, and a spdt relay with a socket harness.

Any comments, suggestions, and advice are all welcome.

Thanks!

You are going to need a few things. First is a good test light. Second as an option a digital multi meter. Third is a wiring diagram for your vehicel. Also you will need to know what type of system is on your car.

If your car is manual, remote start is even harder because of the clutch switch.

Car alarms take alot of understanding of electrical. Really you need to find all the wires to hook into before you start tapping.

All I can say is test, test, and retest before wiring it in. Also be very carefull to stay away from any wire that goes to the airbag system.

I used to install alarms and car stereo and i still find it very complicated to do.

If this is your first one, good luck to you.

My real suggestion is to take it to a good stereo shop because you are really starting a complicated process.

Archived