1993 Accord Si-R A/C not working, Help?

Ebar082

Hi all

I have recently bought a 1993 Honda Accord Si-R, it is the same shape as the 1994 - 1997 models, and has the same air conditioning unit, which is separate from the stereo and center console, and situated right above the clock. Unfortunately the lights don't work, the buttons dont respond, and there is absolutely no heating or cooling or any air flow whatsoever, along with this the rear window defroster does not work. Essentially the whole component seems dead. The last owner said the unit worked intermittantly until one day it stopped working altogether. I need to get this fixed because its getting damn cold here now, and having to drive in a freezing car is getting more and more painful each day.

If you could throw some ideas out there that would be awesome.

Freezing? You must be in on the Southern Hemisphere, Australia I'm guessing. I would check all of the fuses first. Then pop that whole panel back from the dash and make sure everything is plugged in.

Archived