Horn Like Noise When Braking - But Only During Start

sun007

this is strange. my 2003 honda accord coupe (EX) has 90k miles - in perfect condition. it is very well maintained. late last week i took it for an oil change and tire rotation. i did not drive it this weekend, but when i drove it monday and today (tue) i noticed something very strange. when i start the car, the first couple times i brake, there is a horn like noise. it seems like it is coming from the brakes but i am not sure. once the car is started and on its way, it continues running as normal. there is no effect on the driving as it drives well like before, however it always makes that sound when i turn it off and start it up again. very strange. could the car guys have jacked up the rotation? is it something else? help!

I am wondering if they bent the interior dust cover for the brakes while taking the tires off. If so and it rubs on the brakes the metal on metal rubbing can resonate makes loud and unsusal noises. The car will drive fine but sound wierd. That is the only thing I can think off. You certainly have a weird issue on your hands. You can try and jack up each tire and spin the tire, if you hear a weird grinding sound that may be your problem. Good luck.

Archived