what if?

hmooblis

Yes, I've seen one before in person. They're only $16,000. I could get one right now and use the Accord I got for $300 as a donor if I wanted to. And it is an Attack, nothing at all like the Accord, since I'm guessing you are trying to defend a RWD Accord.

I would trade the Accord for a EJ6.

A RWD Accord is pointless

At least it would different then all the other accords. FWD is pointless in ANY car. It should be against the law to make FWD cars.

Who gives a flying hoot if its different. Yeah, FWD's get better gas mileage, handle better, and can be just as fast....yep they suck.

Personally I don't have a problem with FWD, I drive it. =)

But handling isn't better in FWD cars, the physics of the situation prevent it.

The front two tires have more responsibilites than just turning the car, they have to steer and power the car, so for a road course the added weight of a rwd pays dividens. There are quiet a few technical things going on here.

There can be great handling FWD cars, (the ITR for example), but RWD or AWD tend to be better, unless you have the solid rear axles of old RWD muscle cars, those aren't purdy.

• 4 weeks later...

FWD will NEVER handle better than RWD, its impossible. Like Team Improv said, its against physics. When was the last time you ever saw a FWD super car(Ferrari, lambo, mosler, etc.? crap BMW and Benz are some of the finest quality cars on the road, ever seen a FWD model? NOPE. Mid-engine AWD would be the best set-up, mid-engine RWD, Rear-engine RWD, front-engine AWD, f-e RWD, and of course in last place front engine FWD.

A good suspension set-up on a FWD car can be fun when over-steer is induced - smaller rear tires, large rear sway, stiffer springs/shocks. One more problem with FWD is that snap over-steer is more likely, even the best of drivers can NOT recover from a snap over-steer situation.

• 2 weeks later...

the ATTACK is only 16k? while I don't have anywhere close to that amount of money right now, how pimp is that? And yes, it is kinda lame for peeps to rely on their cars to pick up ladies. Hell, I had a '89 civic lx w/ rusted out fender wells that was beat to hell and was WHITE and I still picked em up. A car won't change what you are, sorry to dissappoint anyone. 8)

and hey jackasssi what exactly is snap over steer. sorry if its a stupid question but i am just starting to learn bout FWD cars and hondas all together :blush:

Thats not a stupid question . . .

sudden lifting off of the throttle and/or braking when experiencing understeer can cause what is termed "snap-oversteer." This is because weight is sudden transferred to the front of the vehicle (ie pitch) which reduces the weight on the rear of the car. This weight transfer reduces the downward force on the rear which reduced grip. The cornering forces which were held equal at the rear of the car now exceed the grip of the rear tires. This causes the rear of the car to be pushed outside the intended arc (ie oversteer) in a very rapid transition.

This rapid transition is often difficult to control as it must be compensated rapidly by a reduction in steering lock or alternatively to a steering angle OUTSIDE the intended arc ie the steering wheels are pointed AWAY from the apex of the corner! This is called 'opposite lock' and must be applied as rapidly as the transition to oversteer to be corrected successfully. This is generally accepted to be outside the skill levels of most drivers of passenger vehicles.

posted by replicant_008 from another forum.

People who pimp with their cars need help.

So basically your saying that people who modify their cars need help. I disagree with what you said, if that is what you mean. There are people like me that get plenty of attention without the help of a modified car. I modified my car for the hell of it and could get a females attention regardless.

Of course I will admit that it helps when you have a modified car where I live. Chicks dig it!

So basically your saying that people who modify their cars need help. I disagree with what you said, if that is what you mean. There are people like me that get plenty of attention without the help of a modified car. I modified my car for the hell of it and could get a females attention regardless.

Of course I will admit that it helps when you have modified car where I live. Chicks dig it!

Yes. If you ifx up a car to pick up girls, you're lame.

Yes.  If you ifx up a car to pick up girls, you're lame.

I understand what your talking about now.

As far as this thread goes with 16G's, I'd sell my Accord and go for an RX8. I'm ready for a new car!

Also I think that "attack" car is to much of a lambo knockoff/wannabe.

I think the Attack is awesome. It would be fun as heel to drive with a turbo or an H22.

It does have flaws.

1. The use of Audi components up front and Honda components in the rear. Unless you work a deal with companies, it will cost twice as much to upgrade your suspension/brakes.

2. No stock top, only optional top.

3. It isn't a tube frame chassis as they claim it to be. It is made of square pipes with open ends. Circular pipes would be stiffer and stronger in an accident. Closed ends would be stiffer than open ends.

4. The interior could use some carpet.

If I was going to buy a weekend car, this would probably be it. Of course the F22 would have a new cam and a little more compression as well as a LSD. And I would modify the chassis to have closed ends and maybe a few more braces for better handling.

• 4 years later...
I would sell the Accord then go buy something different. With only the $16K you could find a nice ride @ an auction. OR I would rip out the FWD & convert to RWD.

how much(realistically) would it cost to convert it to a RWD?

and maybe put in a double-clutch transmission(i have no idea what that is, but it sounds SO cool!)

im planning on waiting until the 2010 nsx comes out... and i wanna put the engine in my car...

thanks in advance

how much(realistically) would it cost to convert it to a RWD?

and maybe put in a double-clutch transmission(i have no idea what that is, but it sounds SO cool!)

im planning on waiting until the 2010 nsx comes out... and i wanna put the engine in my car...

thanks in advance

well it would be all custom work, so unless you have lots of knowledge and spare time, you would be paying someone to do it. id imagine with everything 20,000

Archived