95 dx

blazeilly024

ok no the b18 is a bigger liter than the b16 and the b16 has less torque bc is a smaller liter. and asfar a b16 tranny the gears are tight and short which is nice. and the smaller the liter the high the rev most of the time like mine the fuel cut off is 9k rpm but that is stock. as for more power yes the b18c1 b18c5 and b18c p72 or p73 are all vtec motors and all have a higher out put with the exception of the b18c1 and b18c p73 the b16b will out perform them but its bc this motor is ctr which is a b16b with is what i have

ok, enter another variable. what is a ctr? hate soundin lame but i have never heard of that one before. is that another full setup?

it sounds as though the best choice would be the b18c5. im guessin the ls that you speak of would be in reference to the tranny. so the b18c5 with the ls tranny would be grrrrrrreat!!!

ooops i just re-read your post. ok... so the ls is a b16 or a b18? either or i still want the b16 tranny for whatever motor i choose tho correct? for example b18c5 with b16 tranny.

the gods have spoken. thankx raley. once again you haven to be worthy of the title. due to the knowlege i have obtained from alot of the members of this forum i now have a good understandin of what i want and what i want to do in the future.

oh ok i c the b16 series is to the civic and the b18 series is to the integra.

i cant say it enough, thanx tho man.

Now, to get picky with autox, some guys want longer gears because shifting slows them down. B16 tranny will use first and second on the corse while a ls tranny may only use first... it all depends on the driver and course layout.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey what suspension set up would you go with? I been askin around and everybody is pretty much sayin the same thing about it bein trial and error, but I don't have the funds for trials nor the patience for errors so I waskinda hopin to avoid as much of that part as I can.

me im running a skunk2 spring shock set on the solvic, granted its alot stiffer than stock, but i still daily it, and its great for the twisties

on the del sol im running Kyb adjustables and tociko springs. Damn thing rides like a caddy compared to the solvic.

Just stay away from adjustable sleeves. Suspension is not something you cheap out on, it is probably the most important aspect of your car, as it controls how you car reacts to acceleration, handling, braking, cornering.

I think I read in one of your earlier posts that your not favorable to coil overs because of the reduction in ride quality. I'm guessin the kyb and skunk2 setup is of better quality than coil overs. Other than price, is there a big difference in performance?

Archived