1995 Honda Accord 2.0L non-vtec Accord Automatic

Problem:

From what I can notice so far >>

*Reverse Lights

*Shift Interlock

*Clock

*Power Windows

*Gauges

First problem with car 6 months ago, speedometer was sporadic, ... changed VSS and problem was still there. Learned to Live with the problem and resorted to My App on the phone for speed. Didnt have the time to diagnosis the circuit and check the gauges and all that, after all it was just the speedometer.... right?

6 months later it started out one day my windows were starting to do wierd things, sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't. Very Bizarre.... When they didn't work, i check the circuit.... Fuses Check out, Everything was good. However I could probe the relay in the engine compartment and the windows functioned. Ok so.... maybe master switch..... nope same thing.

Couple weeks later (windows still intermittent *now and then* problems) .... Got in my car and Couldn't Engage the parking lever into Drive after car started. Had to put key in interlock release to get vehicle into drive to move. Thats when I noticed the Clock was also not coming on, and not only wsa the speedo spiratic ....... it wasnt .... it was motionless and dead along with all the other gauges .. dead.

Drove like this for a couple days.... then poof.. got in one day everything worked..... clock ...interlock.... reverse lights..... gauges...... except Speed was still sparatic.

Then again one day dead, then the next day good again......

So im sitting here pulling my hair out, knee deep in schemtaic..... I traced all the circuits thru the dash for each component, doing what we call the wiggle test..... wiggling harness around, possible in hope to find a short or somthing. all circuits checked out for the most part.... they wernt getting source voltage though.... fuses check out.... re-checked all wiring again...... anyhow i see in my wiring diagram what honda calls a Integrated Control unit......

what i am remembering from school was something about multi-plexing..... does this ICU go out often and can it cause wako stuff to start happening electrically in the vehicle, i am not to expirenced with this problem cause ive never ran across it before....

is there someone out there who has had similiar problems..... and was the ICU involved....

please any help would be greatly appreciated.

matt

matt- when the clock came back on did it have the correct time? The clock (not part of the ICU) and the interlock both share the same grounds (G402 and G404....I think). So the clok tells me this is not an ICU issue.

Archived