New here

Jeffrey

Hi all, new here.

Names jeff and i just aquired through trade a 94' del sol si, and i love it.

heres the specifics.

d16z engine

5 speed manual

leather seats

a/c and power steering still.

100% complete and mostly stock.

its sitting on steelie 14's right now, but want to change that in a few months.

Heres some pics, be nice, its rough, but runs like a champ...

frontside.jpg

backside.jpg

interior.jpg

Of course, like all new guys, ive got questions that im sure have been asked before, but as this is my intro thread, i thought id put it all in one.

first off, where can i get a rear subframe connector that i see in all the pictures, i'd like this to be a stiff car in the corners.

Also, i'd like to put a front spoiler on it, but have no clue as to where to start?

if you have cool wheels on your del sol, post a pic, im still looking for some wheel ideas, i want something with a nice offset and NON STRETCH WALL TIRES. i'd really like to stay with a 15 as well.

Jeff.

Hi Jeff

I'm new here myself, welcome from one newbie, to another newbie.

If ya get all mod crazy and go for a complete bumper cover, let me know... I'll take your stock cover off your hands..

I've got 15x7 with 205/50s .... Not exactly cutting edge styling but I think they look nice ;)

dear god, forgot how fugly the stock steeringwheels are haha.

Welcome man, you got any dS questions feel free to ask, NA, FI, Suspension, interior, 12V, etc

none that i know of, i just figured the steering wheel has been in the hot Texas sun for so long it made it change colors, same with the pass. side airbag cover

is the srs light suposed to be on?

Mine is a reconstructed.... not that it matters, im never going to sell it, and I KNOW its been in atleast 2 major wrecks :p My old sol... that one would be interesting to find out how many of its wrecks were reported, I know singlehandedly I made 5 of them haha

plucked, how many extras do you have, i have always wanted to car fax my car but been to cheap to pay :p

Got one more... You can have it.. send me your vin...., just keep me in mind when you're throwing away stock parts ;)

as far as the srs light just check the connections first.. my air bag has been replaced and i dont have a light on

but yah.. thats from a different color interior and not hooked up so 100% promise its been in at min. one wreck like the other guys were saying

looks like '98 at 61K miles had a decent size accident. good news... rebuilt and been running all these years ;)

Jeff, I PMed you my email, send me a email, and I'll reply back with the report.... I can't seem to attach a PDF to a PM

looks like '98 at 61K miles had a decent size accident. good news... rebuilt and been running all these years ;)

Jeff, I PMed you my email, send me a email, and I'll reply back with the report.... I can't seem to attach a PDF to a PM

yep, runs great!! just the power steering pump shaft is bent, but no biggie. im just happy the ac works!!!,lol

I had to get my "beauty sleep" ,, just sent it

no biggy, i just woke up.. It really makes me laugh that the only accident it says it had was when i hit a mexican and the chipping paint didn't even chip... her bumper was already falling off and she said I did it. then she got the ticket for no brake lights. hahahhaha!!!

im a tad late but check JHPUSA.com for the subframe brace.. they carry alot of great parts for a pretty good price :)

and welcome to the forums

thanks, anybody else have any suggestions for a tighter suspension? it almsot feels spineless with the top off.

the last car i owned with a targa was a 84' vette, id like it to be about that stiff.

im thinking subframe brace, big sway bars, coil overs, and stiffer shocks on the coils

Archived