1997 Honda Accord

MisterB

I have a 97 accord lx (I think anyways, 4door, sunroof, AT) and have problems in the structure of the frame. I don't think that this is something a welder can fix and I am having a hard time just finding a frame from another car. Everything absolutely necessary in the car was working (engine, transmission, etc) some things like the a/c and radio were not. I have heard that I might be able to move some of my parts into an acura if I can't find a suitable Honda but am not sure which model and year would work. Does anybody have any insight on this??

The body of the car is the frame. It is called a uni-body construction which most cars have now. If you are looking to repair lets say the rear corner panels of the car over the wheel wells where they typically rust out then you have a couple of options: 1. Have someone cut out and repair the rusted area, or 2. get a corner panel off another car or a new one and have the old one cut out and replaced. If you are dealing with something under the car like the floor boards, then honestly I would say forget about it. Too much labor. Corner panels and rocker panels are not that bad but once you get under the car...... The only other option is to get some quotes from body shops and see if any will touch it and depending on the price decide what you want to do with the car. Good luck.

FYI, any Accord from 94 to 97 of your trim style should be the same parts.

Archived