New to the forum.

AzAccord

Hi all, I've had my '03 Accord for about 5 years now. Has 115K miles on it. Great car no problem until recently. Ironically, Just after I paid it off I started feeling a vibration when accelerating from 25mph through 35mph. Its a 5 speed manual. I had it running on jack stands yesterday and put it in gear. The vibration seem to be in the transmission. Is there a common problem with the Honda manuals that would be the cause of this?

Hi all, I've had my '03 Accord for about 5 years now. Has 115K miles on it. Great car no problem until recently. Ironically, Just after I paid it off I started feeling a vibration when accelerating from 25mph through 35mph. Its a 5 speed manual. I had it running on jack stands yesterday and put it in gear. The vibration seem to be in the transmission. Is there a common problem with the Honda manuals that would be the cause of this?

Honda manuals are pretty solid and 115k isn't a lot for them. Could be the flywheel or the wheels too.

Yes that was my first thought also I've had the tires balanced and rotated and the alignment done. The same vibration persist. I'm not saying for sure it's the trany. What else could it be? When the car was on the jacks and in gear, I did not feel the vibration out by the wheels, but when I touched trans/diff case I felt it strongest. You mentioned possibly being the fly wheel. How so?

Yes that was my first thought also I've had the tires balanced and rotated and the alignment done. The same vibration persist. I'm not saying for sure it's the trany. What else could it be? When the car was on the jacks and in gear, I did not feel the vibration out by the wheels, but when I touched trans/diff case I felt it strongest. You mentioned possibly being the fly wheel. How so?

Could be worn out and out of balance, but that doesn't usually happen. Lightweight flywheels tend to "chatter" a little in early RPMs. It could be axles, those are balanced too. I dunno man. An alignment shop should be able to narrow it down.

Archived