car wont start from ignition

Jeffrey

This morning i stopped at a gas station to get some grub, came back out and tryed starting my car and nothing, i could hear the fuel pump engage but it was like the clutch pedal wasnt pressed in(it was).

so i pushed it over to a little decline and bump started it, that worked, got it home and now im trying to figure out why it wont start.

The starter is good, got it tested and visualy inspected it.

its getting fuel, and spark.

You can start the car with a remote cable(wire from battery to starter motor) and it will run fine.

Battery is still good and fully charged.

Just replaced the battery cable ends.

has half a tank of gas.

I even tryed starting the car by manually pushing in the switch button for the clutch(both) still nothing.

Anybody have an idea of what it could be? me and my dad think its the ignition switch.

Jeff.

clutch interlock switch test fine?

Have you tested for continuity between the ign and the main relay, main relay to starter?

Trust me, replacing the ignitions in these cars is a major bitch.

im gonna go with the clutch interlock myself. you might even be able to jump the switch and see if it kicks over for you then. just make sure car is actually out of gear as the clutch wouldn't be depressed when the starter engages.

clutch interlock switch test fine?

Have you tested for continuity between the ign and the main relay, main relay to starter?

Trust me, replacing the ignitions in these cars is a major bitch.

We tried everything, my dad was helping me(he's been through this before) we checked everything going to the starter and it's getting power, the only one that's not working right is the ignition wire. So it might be something in the wiring?

I can still start it be either push starting it or connecting a wire from the battery to the ignition wire spot on the starter.

im gonna go with the clutch interlock myself. you might even be able to jump the switch and see if it kicks over for you then. just make sure car is actually out of gear as the clutch wouldn't be depressed when the starter engages.

I did press in and let out both buttons while trying to start it.

pressing the switch in won't help if the switch is bad, you will have to bypass the switch to complete the circuit to test it.

if their are two then consult your manual for which is which, or test both? no idea why there would be two. i thought me 95 only has one switch...

Archived