I need help with my 2010 honda accord coupe

John.K

do you think my honda is defective?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think my honda is normal or defective?

• Normal for a 4 Cylinder
    • Absolutely Defective
    • It depends, read my comment

Hello my fellow Honda drivers :)

I am a new member here so please take things easy on me. I am going to explain my issues and any help would be much appreciated.

Last year (July 2010) i purchased a brand new Honda accord coupe the 4 Cylinders. the car is sexy i took it to a shop and added some tints on it and i was all set.

However, after a while i started to feel like the car didn't have any performance like NON! ( my friends 2011 Insight would handle my A*S any time) then i started having fuel issues i realized my car was giving me 16 MPG yes 16 MPG (my friends 1992 Buick V6 3.8L got better gas millage than my car when we went on a trip to Vegas around 270 miles 23 MPG for my Honda vs 24 for his BUICK) anyway i called Honda and after all the BS and testing they got 16 MPG too! they told me that they had to discuss it with their managers and stuff, but then they called me back and told me that 16 MPG is normal, and that my case is closed. I felt like i was robbed! i am a student i don't have the money for lawyers and all...

anyhow, after sometime i decided to put a cold air intake hoping it'll change something... it did but not to that extend.

any car could beat my Honda (drag races)the car is really heavy and slow. also Honda told me if the engine light is not on it means everything is working properly. so now i have a 4 cylinder that spends like a V8 and it gives me the preeminence of a bicycle.

so here is my question if you have a car like my car a 2010 Honda accord coupe 4 Cylinders, are you having somewhat the same issue? or if you know anything about this topic or car can you please enlighten me?

I really appreciate it.

A Cai isn't gonna give you a boost your gonna want, an accord is gonna need a bit more work then a Cai to give it a good pull, and 16 sounds way off, check for a oil or fuel leak, not common for a new car like that but possible, my sol was around 18 till I fixed its leak, now its 25 running real rich (in process of fixing that)

A Cai isn't gonna give you a boost your gonna want, an accord is gonna need a bit more work then a Cai to give it a good pull, and 16 sounds way off, check for a oil or fuel leak, not common for a new car like that but possible, my sol was around 18 till I fixed its leak, now its 25 running real rich (in process of fixing that)

no i know its not gonna give me a significant boost, but i wanted it for the sound anyway and i thought it'll help a bit but nah it didn't.

anyway, in regards to the leak I'm 100% there are no leaks. so yah i think the car is at fault but honda keeps ignoring the issue.

Ok, so i've done some research, and it seems feasible that your problem is the type of gas that you are buying. What type of gas are you buying?

when i first bought the car i used to fill it up with Chevron Only, then i switched to 76 and mobile and after that i felt like I'm spending too much for nothing! so i switched ARCO!

Archived