1996 Accord Coolant Boiling

Hobby Farmer

I have a 1996 Accord EX. I noticed the coolant was boiling in the expansion tank. I've been reading that I can check to see if the radiator is clogged by feeling the bottom of the radiator and if its cooler than the top of the radiator than the radiator is clogged. Thanks to to my big fat hands I can't get my hands down there to feel the radiator. Could the same test be accomplished by feeling the lower hose vs the upper hose?

Also, the radiator fan on the drivers side is not working bu the one on the passenger side is. Do the fans work off of separate switches and relays?

the fans should both be on or off... id guess that the radiator is shot... or there is a clog somewhere else in the system (most likely the radiator), i think they are about 100 bucks (150 installed) and the local radiator shop can direct you in the right direction. ive never been to a radiator shop with shady workers trying to sell you some junk. im not talking about pep boys or midis... those places are hell.

Archived