2000 accord lx P1259 code? leaking oil into engine?

hatemydadshonda

So from what i googled the P1259 is a vtec solenoid code and i assume its cooled by the oil and when the oil ran dry it heated up and triggered the code

so this leads to my question since its running out of oil where could it be going? rings? valve seats?

and i went to the dealer to explain it and they told me about a "oil leakage test"? not too sure what that is been doing this 4 years in highschool and 1 in college and never heard anything of this and when i asked the dealer about it and asked if i could just do compression test and check if rings are leaking he said "you could do that but what you really need is a oil leakage test" so i assumed its just some money making bs but if im wrong please lemme know

anyone got any ideas? would love to know

thanks

Planning on doing compression test and stuff just to get some numbers anyone got specs for these 4cyl vtec engines? (not sure of exact size but list all specs and ill figure it out for myself)(ik about wet and dry tests)

did compression check 175-190 ish in all 4 cylinders

google how vtec works.. or go to the engine section and find the sticky that has the thread/video

is the oil still low? and how low was it?

how many miles on the motor? any visable leaks? any smoke coming from the exhaust?

need more details

ITS ACTUALLY P1259 NOT 7 BTW which is this >P1259 VTEC System Malfunction, Rear Bank (Bank 1) according to your code list

Im not sure what it sounds like for vtec to come on as ive never bothered listening for it/i drive a chevy pickup and barely drive my dads car

no visible oil leaks no smoke coming out of exhaust but you can smell it along with a different smell that im not sure of what it is

85k miles oil when i checked it (aprox 6 miles after light came on couldnt stop) was not even reading on dipstick so walked to autozone bought 5/20 and filled it up with approx 3.6 quarts

according to my father it has run low before but im not sure how many times/how fast it is losing oil as he isnt sure

im a strictly ford/chevy guy so these import things are new to me lemme know if you need more info

1, there aren't many people on this site, so doing multiple bumps a day won't get you shit.

2, oil is leaking somewhere

3, vtec needs oil pressure, if the pressure is low, you wont get vtec

4, its a motor, wither its chevy, ford, honda, kia... its a motor they have pistons and a crank and valves (rotatory aren't motors :p )

5, id guess its going through the exhaust above like 2k rpms and is just dissipating in the cat and out the back of the car.

most likely its rings, or a head gasket and its going into the coolant.

1, there aren't many people on this site, so doing multiple bumps a day won't get you shit.

2, oil is leaking somewhere

3, vtec needs oil pressure, if the pressure is low, you wont get vtec

4, its a motor, wither its chevy, ford, honda, kia... its a motor they have pistons and a crank and valves (rotatory aren't motors :p )

5, id guess its going through the exhaust above like 2k rpms and is just dissipating in the cat and out the back of the car.

most likely its rings, or a head gasket and its going into the coolant.

ford and chevys dont have vtec -.- and coolant is clean looks new im thinking its valve seals as compression is fine and head gasket is fine as far as i can tell since its not overheating or anything

Vtec is nothing special, and most companies have a version of it. As for timing its you have manual as in different tooth on cam gear which is cam timing. Then mech as in turning the dizzy. Then electronic is also there from the ecu.

usually but i dont think it is in my case since the exhaust is sucking my hand in and pushing it out when its running acting like it has a bad exhaust valve but compression is fine so exhaust valves should be fine along with intake leading me to believe the valve timing is off + its only thing left that i can check without taking the head off

Archived