shifting problems

Honda_Lady

i have a 92 Accord EX with an automatic transmission. 2 weeks ago tomorrow (August the 21st (Sunday)) the D4 light started flashing GREEN. I also had a major fluid loss as well as shifting problems. I put fluid in twice that day and it hasn't lost any fluid again since and for the most part has shifted fine. i called my Honda friend and he said 2 things. 1) the transmission was gone 2) to pull the "back up" fuse to reset the codes and see if they came back on and was going to look up the codes for me when he went to work. the same week on Friday the light started flashing again. i pulled the codes that time and found a site that had a list of codes. now i don't know if it's all the same for all years and if it's not the same for all years if the ones i found are even the right ones. i had 2 codes.according to the list i found my 2 codes are the following: 7 -Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted. 15 -Kick down switch circuit shorted. now i had to look up what a Kick Down switch did. i know where the shift solenoids are and what they do. at first i thought maybe they were shorting off each other. now i can only manually shift the car and it still flakes out sometimes going into second and third. putting it into D4 it won't shift at all on it's own.

PLEASE any assistance would be greatly appreciated. i can't afford a new car and i can't afford for this car to die completely.

if its leaking that much fluid its probally the seal is gone and when the lights come one they are probally just saying those codes because your low on fluid sorry but you will probally need a trans rebuild

ok a couple more question about this problem. if it was something other then the TCU would it reset it self twice by pulling the "back up" fuse? if it would do that how long would it take for it to fail a test again? mine takes almost a week to fail a test again. if it was something like shift solenoids wouldn't it fail a test sooner?

now as far as the fluid loss. i do burn oil perhaps i had let the oil get low enough that it also burned some of the trans fluid as well. maybe? i didn't loose anymore then 10oz total.

• 4 weeks later...

im almost haveign the same problem when im in D4 and i try to go from a red light sumtimes ill sit their for like 2 mins and then itll catch and kinda burn the tires a little bit, and this all started lastnight and now the tranny jumps really bad. Sould i try putting freash fluids?

Archived