94 honda accord ac problems

RonnyAtkinson

HELLO EVERYONE. I AM A NEW AND PROUD MEMBER OF THIS FORUM. I HAVE A 94 HONDA ACCORD EX VTEC. BEFORE I BOUGHT IT IT WAS IN A WRECK. SO THE FRONT END WAS KINDA DAMAGED. MY AC DIDNT WORK TURNED OUT I DIDNT HAVE A CONDENSER. STUPID I KNOW. ANYWAYS I GOT ONE TODAY AND HOOKED UP. STILL NOTHING. ANY IDEAS. PLEASE ANYTHING AND ALL WOULD HELP. THANKS

well when you replace any A/C component you should also replace the Drier or Accumulator. this part collects water that may be in the system. also when replacing more then one A/C component the Drier or Accumulator should the the LAST part put on and even opened. having it open to air will collect moisture before the system is even closed. once the part is on you have to take it to a shop or dealer to have refrigerant put into the system. without refrigerant it won't cool. i would not recommend using the "do it yourself" cans of refrigerant you can get from Advance, Car Quest, or Auto Zone. another thing is since it is a 94 it may still be set up for R12 which is no longer used. if that is the case you would have to have the system converted to take R134. the connectors to add refrigerant are different for the two systems. because it didn't have a compressor on it at all you may have more system problems if it was open to air.

on my 92 it is on the driver side towards the front bumper. look for a cylinder shaped part with 2 lines going into it. i did some searching for a A/C diagram for your year and it is on the opposite side from mine but it will still be toward he front of the car. it shouldn't be too hard to spot. on the diagram below it is number 8 so it will be on the passenger side for you.

4424100.gif

now most likely when you take that thing off, it will be saturated with water. the drier is designed to soak up moisture from the A/C system, if you didn't have one part of the system on there when you got the car, that drier will be filled with water.

• 2 months later...

Archived