Power Steering Pump

amandareneegranados

Hi everyone,

I just took my Honda Accord in for an oil change and I was told that my power steering pump needs to be replaced. In the morning when I crank it up my car it makes a loud winding noise until the car is completely warmed up. It only does this on cold mornings (Texas weather has been crazy lately). They are saying it's an internal leak and that it will be $495 to fix. I am a girl so I kind of feel like I might be getting ripped off but if anyone else has had this problem or a possible solution please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

It's a 2006 Honda Accord V6.

a remanufactured one from autozone is 120 bucks, then you need new fluids/flush (about 20 bucks) then a few hours laber... its probably a 400-500 dollar job at a shop... parts alone (depending on what ones they actually use) totals around 150-200 bucks. the pumps aren't hard to replace IF you know how to work on a car. maybe a friend or a dad can do it and save you a few hundred bucks but his price actually seems pretty spot on for a shop to do it.

Archived