skilledslide88

Ok first off I drive a 1988 honda accord DX and its automatic everything is for the most part is stock.

My problem is when I start car it jumps up to 5 rpms and wont come down I try reving it up to see if it;ll drop sometimes it does just a bit it does go down to 2 rpms when im in drive or reverse and at the point it shifts very very hard feels like i got hit in the back but once in drive its fine from there on as long as the car stays on.

So what do you guys or girls think it is? is it the tranny or the auto-clutch system and is it worth it to repair it or just buy a new one and if anyone is from the miami area that knows where I can get parts for this model and year please let me know.

I appreciate anyone and everyones help thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Not sure on the rpms jumpin, need more info on that bro. But the tranny shifting hard like that can be from it possibly slippin? Check to see if any of your motor mounts are broke too, that can also make it shift hard somtimes. And if you find out whats causing it all, just compare the total of all your parts to a new/used transmission and decide that way. Hope this helps you a little.

Archived