07 Accord Coupe - 30K Service - REALLY?!?!

hondaflip

Hi all,

Very new to the forum, so thanks in advance for your patience.

The story: My gf took her '07 Coupe in for the 30K service. They came back with a laundry list of things that the owner's manual says to do @ 60K.

These are the services that seem fishy when looking at the owners manual - "Glazed" drive belt, battery service kit, ATF flush, brake fluid flush, & power steering fluid flush.

My question is if you think the dealer is taking us for a ride, or if you guys are needing to do these services @ 30K instead of 60K.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

the same thing happened to me.

i just took my 2010 honda accord to the dealership and the guy wanted to replace my brake pads even though i only have 20k miles on my car.

i asked my boyfriend to check my brakes and he said they were fine.

the dealership just wants to make money.....

• 2 weeks later...

the same thing happened to me.

i just took my 2010 honda accord to the dealership and the guy wanted to replace my brake pads even though i only have 20k miles on my car.

i asked my boyfriend to check my brakes and he said they were fine.

the dealership just wants to make money.....

You should have gotten a letter from Honda in the mail about your brake pads. I work at the Honda dealership here and the 08-10 Accords have a recall/lawsuit type deal with the brake pads...I have an 09 coupe and had to do mine. I cant remember if its all 08-10 Accords or just certain ones but they have updated pads that they replace them with. But the downside is you have to respond to the letter? or somthin like that for Honda to reimburse you up to like $140 or $150. I cant remember the whole thing but next time you go to the dealership, ask them about it.

Hi all,

Very new to the forum, so thanks in advance for your patience.

The story: My gf took her '07 Coupe in for the 30K service. They came back with a laundry list of things that the owner's manual says to do @ 60K.

These are the services that seem fishy when looking at the owners manual - "Glazed" drive belt, battery service kit, ATF flush, brake fluid flush, & power steering fluid flush.

My question is if you think the dealer is taking us for a ride, or if you guys are needing to do these services @ 30K instead of 60K.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

You shouldnt have to replace the drive belt that soon and idk what they mean by "battery service kit". Check to see if you have corrosion on your battery terminals. If so just get some battery cleaner and a wire brush to clean them...or you can poor coke on them. Its possible the tranny needs to be flushed because ive had new civics come in with 12,000 miles and the tranny fluid is dark. But we dont recommend a brake flush unless the car is 3 years old so you may wanna do that, its up too you. I would look at the brake fluid and the power steering fluid and see if the fluid is dark...if its not, i wouldnt worry about it for now. Also, check the tranny fluid...new tranny fluid is red so if its like a dark orange or brown color, i would get the transmission service done. But it does kinda sound like they're yankin your chain a little...what the hell is a "battery service kit?" haha

Archived