Low Idling Accord

Kevin322

Hello, I'm new here. I have a 1998 Honda Accord Coupe with a 2.3L straight 4 with a 5 speed manual. Last night when I was driving home the car was idling at around 200 RPM when the engine was warm. And then this morning it started fine, ran fine, but as the engine temperature increased the idle decreased, as it should. But even when it wasn't fully at the proper temp it was idling at 500 RPM. When it warmed up to the proper temp it was idle at 150, yes 150. It was touching the 0 RPM line, but it didn't stall. It has had problems in the past with initial low idling, like when you disengage the clutch, but never constantly idling so low. It accelerates fine, and the check engine light isn't on. What is most likely the cause?

fitv or iacv

you know the bottom line on a tack is 500... so im guessing you are touching down at 500. if it is running fine with just a low idle I would leave it alone... lower idle means less gas being used at a stop light.

fitv or iacv

you know the bottom line on a tack is 500... so im guessing you are touching down at 500. if it is running fine with just a low idle I would leave it alone... lower idle means less gas being used at a stop light.

Thank you for replying. I was thinking that it is the IAC valve also. But it was idling extremely rough at 200. The bottom line says 0 and then there are 3 dashes until it says 1.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/32018290/aview/18171615141312111098765432104c_1_b.JPG

Archived