new battery but its being drained by something..

jesandrw

Alright. Im going to try and expain this the best i can. I am a newbie at fixing cars so please excuse me. Yesterday i drove my.car to school no problems in starting up driving etc. I was in clas about an hour and when i came out i tried to start the car and nothing...i hear a clicking noise when i turn the key the inside lights come on wipers work all that but car will not crank at all. I figured mybe the battery finally gave out so i had someine try to jump the car..still did the same thing. I went and bought a new battery after about 5 times of trying to start the car it started and i drove home..turned the car off and tried to start it again..it wouldnt start again. After several attempts to start it the battery went dead no lights came on inside or out no annoying door ding. I took to cables off the battery for a few minutes made sure they had a good connection and put them back on the battery. This gave me one more time to try and start the car...only the clicking noise which im guessing is the starter.

Im at a loss like i said i dont know much about cars at all or where things afe located other than the basics. The only thing i can think of is the alternator or something with the starter but i have no idea.

Its a 96 honda accord 4cyl. I get asked if its the vtech and i have no clue

I thought that year they had the SOHC VTEC F22B1? The fuel economy bs VTEC? Idk but yea dude, sounds like the starter...dont replace the battery again.

Archived