Very Noisy Tires, .....or??? 2008 Honda Accord

dialta

I have a very low mileage 2008 (less than 17K) Honda Accord that has performed flawlessly since I purchased it new. However, just recently "road noise" has become so loud that it is distracting inside the vehicle, with the windows up, to the point that you can hardly carry on a conversation, or listen to the radio.

It appears to be "tire noise", but I am not totally sure that's the problem. I have religiously kept the tire pressure at 32 PSI, had the tires rotated when Honda suggests that it's time, and I again had them rotated yesterday, in hopes that I could find this problem.

Has anyone else noticed a problem like this with the standard Honda tires, or have had something else like bearings, or belts, that has caused this noise? I will take the vehicle to my Honda dealer and see if he can diagnose the problem, but thought I would ask other Accord owners first.

Thanks in advance!

Dick Uhrmacher

kzerovkh@sbcglobal.net

If they've been rotated, it may not be a problem. But check and make sure your tires arent cuppin...it's possible they could be and would cause them to sound almost like you have mud tires on your ride. You runnin the Michelin Pilot tires? Another thing could be wheel bearings but i highly doubt at that mileage.

Archived