1988 honda accord harmonic balancer tool??

troyellenburg

Hey, i've been working on my 1988 honda accord lx-i with a blown head gasket. I have run into a stump, i cannot get the harmonic balancer off and trying to have broken a piece of the metal off.

A 400 ft lbs impact will not take the olt off aND i would still need a tool anyways to get a new one back on.

My question is: Where can i find a tool for my honda accord? I have looked online and only found tools for a 1990 honda accord, will it work on mine or where can i get one/make one or what?? and im finding it hard to find a cheap harmonic balancer too, so if anyone knows where i can find one id greatly appriciate it.

Thanks,

Troy

first we need to know which style of harmonic balancer you have, there are 2 styles. 1 has a bunch of holes in it and the other has a hex shape in it. is it an auto or manual?

find a new pulley on ebay or a junkyard.

oh, that ones way more crazy than regular. i dunno if there is even a tool for that. you can usually use 2 screw drivers with a bar holding them in place, then snaking a socket inbetween and then you jump on the breaker bar.

i bent a 3 foot metal bar trying to gt it off....its not that i dont get mechanics, its that...well im not really sure. its as if someone put jb weld on the bolt before putting it back on. i put my body weight on the bar and did pull ups...is it possible i can just drop a 92 engine into it, both are FI, if the mechanic cant get it off, im taking it to one sunday

Archived