91 accord f22 stock/ having problems losing power then regaining it

flipout

i have a 91 accord all stock w/out vtec. recently it has been losing power then it gets it back. but it has a weird twist to it. it will only lose power when my speedometer stops working. shifting gears becomes rough, and then the engine light comes on(only when my speedometer stops working). i can turn off the car then back on while driving and it turns off the engine light and the speedometer will work again for a short period of time. when the speedometer works shifting is smooth and the car drives perfect. when it doesnt, it feels like i lose my powerband and the car feels sluggish.

this is weird because i kno that the speedometer has nothing to do with the car losing power. but this only happens when it stops working. could it be a sensor or something?

if someone can help me with this problem i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Ive also noticed that when I add more power steering fluid it seems to temperary fix the problem. Since the power steering fluid runs thru my tranny, could it be something going out in my tranny?

power steering fluid goes into your trans?! you have WAY more problems than a lose of power.

there is a short in a wire causing the car to temperarily go into limp mode, so you need to find that short and fix it.

Archived