2002 honda accord lx sedan noise???

famous0ne

Yo, this is my first time posting a thread here so imma try not to ramble.. here it goes.. My wife has a 2002 Honda Accord LX Sedan it has 115,000 miles she bought it in "02" from a Honda dealer that they used it as a loaner so it came with 30,000 miles already on it. Our problem is that when we drive it we hear a humming/whinning sound after 20mph. Apon checking online ive changed all that people have suggested, changed wheel bearings, front suspension, new breaks, ive changed all fluids... And after all that i still hear that damn noise could some one please point me into the right direction of what it is. Thank you.

As Raley mentioned - what about while reving the engine? Try holding the RPM's at 2,500 and listen carfully. If you hear it and it sounds like it is coming from the belt side I would remove the serp belt and check all the pully bearings for play and spin each one and listen to the bearing (h2o pump, alt., A/C, P/S and belt tenssioner pully. You also may want to check the rubber on the harmonic balancer for significant cracks or missing rubber as thay can cause a "weird" sound as you are describing.

Good luck.

Archived