Engine oil Type

SoCal1976

Hello Honda Forums world. Even though I'm a new member and this is my first post, I've actually been using this forum for quite a while and have found a tremendous amount of info. It really is a great help. I have question about the type of engine oil that I might be using my my Accord. Before you guys tell me to read the manual, I know that already. I'm just looking for recomendations and personal experiences. I would just like to know what you guys would think would be the best type of oil I should be using. My 2000 Accord has 170,000 miles on it. Any suggestions will be welcome. I also read that using Chevron Delo 400 15w-40 would be a good choice. Has anyone ever had an experience with this oil. I know it's been rated for heavy-duty diesel engines but it's its suposed to be really good for older engines and there is nthing in it that makes it specific for diesel engines. It's just been tested and rated for use in those engines. Thanks again guys for any info/opinions. A little more info about my Accord -2000 EX 2.3L MFI VTEC 4cyl F23A4.

i personally run 5w-30 mobile 5000 in my civic in the winter and for the hot few months will switch to 10w-30, if you have a small oil leak from seals, run 10w30. If you ran synthetic, keep running it. I also use STP oil filters, they are not paper/cardboard filters and have a bypass valve if they get to bad to keep your motor from going pop.

Archived